Skip to main content

May 15, Tuesday Morning and day

We parked at the Beach Parking again this morning, had our usual coffee at Starbucks (just Aaron & I) and then ran from there to the Papakea, dropped off Aaron, and I ran back to the parking lot to retrieve the car.  It was a hot morning and my 5 mile run felt more like a 10 mile run by the end.  I had hoped to do 7 miles today, but running here, it feels ALOT hotter and frankly, when vacationing, it is really hard to get motivated to do really long runs.... So, I hope my body will feel ready to do the half marathon weekend after next....... we are winding down the days here in Maui... I love the lazy days we've been having .. tomorrow we get to go on a glass bottom boat... The kids earned some money to be able to do it so I hope it'll be worth it!   We went to Foodland today after coffee at Maui Grown Coffee, got some tuna onigiri, some sushi and other random things we need for the next 3-4 days that we are here.  I am so amazed at how much food our family consumes!  We have some growing boys and it seems we are constantly running out of things like bread and milk.  Thankfully, Noah has been still pretty happy to get the kids' meals at the restaurants, even though I think technically, he is not allowed to.  Next year, I am sure the kids' meals just won't be enough and he'll look WAY too big for it.
dipping my feet in the ocean after my morning run!  It's the best feeling when you are feeling very hot
The girls in front of the Maui Grown Coffee Co.
Anna looking slightly irritated that she is having to pose in front of the sign
Relaxing while at Maui Grown Coffee... Calvin had his own coffee, but forgot to order decaf

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am OVER DUE :(

Happy 9 months since LID! I was in a very goofy mood and BEGGED my DH to take this picture of me.... Had I been expecting a tummy baby, I'd be officially OVER DUE. I think I have WAY too much time on my hands :) Gotta go tuck my kids in bed now.

Much has happened...

It's been exactly one week since we were given our bad news about not being able to adopt the girls from Indonesia. God has really comforted us alot during the past week... I still have a hard time not crying when someone asks me when we can go get the girls.... In my excitement, I showed so many people at church and friends the pictures of the girls because in my heart, I really felt these girls were ours. But, God is not done writing our story ~ I know that this will have a Godly outcome and we will move forward. We have had lots of support and encouragement ~ most people we know well have expressed their sadness over this. I returned the bedding I bought for the girls at the store and when I did, I was sorta in a sad mood.... the person handling the returns said "Are these not going to work out?" to which, I replied "No, it's not" and then she felt like she had to push the issue with me and said "Is there anything wrong with it?" By then, I...

Another GREAT verse about God watching over our little ones....

Isaiah 49: 15-18 (Message) Can a mother forget the infant at her breast, walk away from the baby she bore? But even if mothers forget, I'd never forget you—never . Look, I've written your names on the backs of my hands. I have been thinking alot about the birthmothers of our children... This verse is not meant as a slam on the birthmothers of our children... it is meant for glorifying God in how much He knows every child by name and NEVER forgets them. My little brain cannot even comprehend how MUCH He loves each of us and how much He loves each of our children.... not only that, He loves each one of these precious birthmothers who will undoubtedly do the most difficult thing in their life sometime very soon. Lord, I pray for the birthmother of my child(ren) right now. Lord, you KNOW them. Touch them. How difficult their circumstances must be to try to "forget" the child they bore. I know that as a mother, I could never forget the children I bore and I k...